Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Not again

I went home from Thursday's appointment feeling very releived. I was still having bleeding and some cramping, which I knew would probably get a little worse because of the u/s. It was a transvaginal which I'd been told before can aggravate bleeding. However, I felt reassured that the cerclage was doing it's job. I had upper-moderate cramps the night before (which is also what led me to get in to see a doctor) but they seemed to have subsided. They got a little worse again that night but I was able to get to sleep.

I can't remember when I woke up for a bathroom break, the middle of the night some time, but when I wiped it was bright red blood filled with clots. Small clots, but still, clots are not good. I was too tired and it was too late to really do anything about it. I couldn't really get to sleep because I couldn't stop thinking about it but I decided to see how the day went and then decide if I should call the doctor or not. I didn't want to seem crazy since I had just seen the doctor the day before.

The day went by and no signs of bright red blood or clots. Just the "normal" pink spotting. I decided I was probably fine, though I still thought I might be leaking amniotic fluid. Andrew doubted me, but it just seemed like my discharge was getting more fluid. However, it didn't feel like last time, where it was very watery so I tried to ignore it. That night, the cramps got much worse. I tried to ignore them. Andrew got a heat pack and was rubbing my back. The were just so uncomfortable though. I thought that since there was no blood and no leaking it might just be cramping due to how sensitive everything was down there was.

I went to sit on the couch with Andrew because I just couldn't lay in bed any more. It was just way to uncomfortable. That's when I felt something more liquid like come out. Still not a gush and not water like, but it didn't feel right. I went to the bathroom and didn't see anything but discharge. I emptied my bladder, changed my pad, and when I stood up, something just leaked out. I knew it wasn't urine. "We have to go to the hospital now." That was around 8:30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment