Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Viability

I reached viability this week! As of today I am 24 weeks and 2 days. It's an amazing feeling. I honestly never imagined making it to this point. It has always seemed so far away; so out of reach. I know that this is just one small milestone in long journey, but it has done so much to ease my worries. Holden and Parker were still alive when my water broke. If I had made it to 24 weeks before it happened, then maybe they wouldn't have died. Right now I feel like if history repeats itself, which I'm really hoping it doesn't, at least my little girl will have a chance. That's one thing I can give her that I couldn't give her big brothers. She still needs to bake for another 3+ months though, so stay in there little one!

We finally started looking at baby stuff online- cribs, car seats, pack 'n plays, etc. We've been terrified to do it all pregnancy, and while it's still scary, it has been so exciting to make it to this part of our journey. It's nice to be able to experience a little bit of normalcy and just be happy expecting parents.

I really appreciate all the support and encouraging words I've received along the way. I'm also glad I've been able to follow along all the blogs talking about their rainbow pregnancies. It gives me a lot of hope, especially after reaching the 24 week mark, that I may just get to bring this baby home. For now I'm just trying to take it a day by day and a milestone at a time. Next up, 28 weeks! Keep growing, baby girl.

2 comments:

  1. I remember reaching 24 weeks - and it's a pretty good feeling! Of course, you are still worried something could go wrong... but as you said at least there is a chance if the baby is born early.

    That said - I hope the next 3 months are smooth-sailing and uneventful!

    I'm also glad you are enjoying looking at baby things online. I had a really hard time with that. But even though I was scared to death, I still loved seeing baby things piling up around our house. I hope it brings you happiness too.

    ((Big Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I am so happy for you and your little girl! I remember what a relief reaching viability was and how quickly worries for the next milestone arose. <3 I hope these next three months go smoothly. I continue to think about you and send you prayers. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete